Sunday, May 18, 2008
A busy weekend for all
A quick check of the back beds shows that the lettuces and radishes have already broken the surface while the beans and cucumbers are just starting to make a show of it. Nothing yet from the watermelons. The boys were hard at work this weekend stacking cut branches to dry for later use in the rocket stove Eldest Son will be building as soon as I can lay my hands on a 50 pound bag of cement. Yesterday we hung the clothes line and i dried a few loads of laundry over the line. The sheets came i out (in) smelling fresh and clean without the slightest hint of perfume from the washer. Having only one clothes line for 4 people is limiting and so I would like to put in an umbrella style clothes rack that i can put in the sun. The kids have been working hard this weekend and I'm really proud of them. Girlchild and I planted 4 o'clocks and ornamental gourds along the fence line. The neighbor behind has a lovely, tall fig tree that will eventually begin to hang over the fence further shading a too bright corner of the yard and making it suitable for another small bed. I'm anxious to get my car back. It's been in the shop for more than a week now and while it's shown us that we can get along without transportation at our fingertips, it can be frustrating. I want to buy fruit trees and get them into the ground as soon as I can but without the car... and it just doesn't feel right to mail order them and pay so much in shipping. My list of wants and projects seems to be growing by the day. Now on the list is a solar shower. My grandparents had an outdoor shower and I remember how refreshing it was to be outside in the fresh air with the warm water flowing. There will be time for it all. Nothing has to be finished in a day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment